Saturday, March 24, 2007

My friend 'Death'

I was waiting for my beloved friend "Death"
He said you can't wait for me
I will come to you when your time comes
I started waiting for my time
My time said you can't wait for me
I will come and go without waiting for you

I was confused
What do I do?
I concentrated on my daily work

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me one day
He took my hand
Placed a kiss gently
He asked me to get into the carriage
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.

We slowly drove
He told me to put away
My labor, my passion, my love,
my desire and my everything
I was sitting with him with total calmness

We passed a school
We passed a park where children played
We passed the sea
We passed the fields of gazing grain
We passed the setting sun
We passed almost everything
That I wanted to see before my friend arrived

At last we stopped before a house
I saw a bearded man
Who was ready to let me in
He looked at me
Up and down
And said, 'Get lost. Your time is yet to come'

I woke up from my dream
Now I am eagerly waiting for my friend
Who can show me around the world

-- Kaattaaru

0 பேர் மறுமொழிந்துள்ளனர்: